The key differentiator of the Spread Betting service offered by Barclays Stockbrokers is the superior technology of its platform: BARX, which leverages off the same suite of sophisticated tools that are offered to its institutional client-base.
The name of the spread betting service provided by Barclays Stockbrokers Financial Spread Trading is actually a trading name of City Index Limited.
Key Features of Barclays Stockbrokers Financial Spread Trading
- Access to UK, US, European and other international markets in equities, currencies, commodities and more
- Deposits of 10% of the exposure amount, allowing leveraged gains
- Small minimum stake size – from as low as 50pence a point
- Instant execution
- Real-time prices and charting
- Tax-free betting
- An array of order types including stops and guaranteed stops
The trading platform offered by Barclays Stockbrokers is called BARX or BARXdirect and is claimed to be the “most advance platform offered to retail clients” for both the active day trader and the passive investor.
- A comprehensive stock market data and analysis tool
- Allows clients to track portfolios easily and analyse market trends with speed, accuracy and reliability
- Real-time tick-by-tick UK share prices, real-time indicators, alerts, news and multi-window functionality
BARX offers the same information to its clients that is used by professional traders – both traders within the Barclays Group and institutional clients of the company – allowing them to claim that their clients will never be behind the curve.
The advantages of the BARX platform over other spread betting company platforms are:
- It allows standard share dealing via Barclays Stockbrokers as well as CFD’s on the same platform without having to log into a separate platform
- It is a web based platform meaning there are no initial or on-going downloads required
- Users can log on to different PC and their personal settings will have been saved
- Any desktops created by users are saved as they are created – rather than requiring users to save these as they go along
- A customised logout facility – which allows users to automatically log them out after a certain period of inactivity, or alternatively, they can remain logged in all day
- The platform is bespoke to how users want to use it
Barclays Stockbrokers Financial Spread Trading is also available on your mobile.